Working with the Goats
We are hiring!
GOAT IN THE ROAD is an award winning New Orleans-based theater company that makes innovative, groundbreaking artistic work and educational programming. The company is preparing for the 10th year of its Play/Write program, a unique educational and literacy initiative that teaches New Orleans students how to write plays, then has professional actors perform those plays.
Seeking: Goat in the Road is seeking a part-time Education Associate who can help our educational programs sustain and grow. The ideal candidate for this job is an actor, teacher and organized professional who loves working with kids and is passionate about arts education.
Job title: Education Associate
The Education Associate will work with the Play/Write project director to support Goat in the Road's educational programs, Play/Write and Goat in the Schools.
Play/Write, now in its tenth year, is composed of two parts: teaching residencies and a showcase of student work. The Education Associate will team-teach two classes with experienced Play/Write teachers, and perform administrative duties associated with the program (collecting and creating classroom supplies, communicating with school partners, typing and formatting Play/Write plays, and helping to organize the spring showcase of student work).
The Education Associate will also perform with ‘Goat in the Schools’, the company’s touring children show. The Associate will help transport set and props for the production, and coordinate with school partners.
50% of time
- Teaching artist in two Play/Write classrooms (two classes a week starting in September 2018 and going through April 2019).
- Preparing for weekly classes.
- Administrative duties associated with teaching; gathering classroom materials and coordinating with school partners.
20% of time
- Help coordinate and organize Play/Write Showcase in Spring, 2019.
- Type and format the Play/Write plays, spring 2019
30% of time
- Rehearse and perform in ‘Goat in the Schools’, the company’s touring children show.
- Outreach to potential touring sites.
- Coordination with partner schools.
- ransport set/props for Goat in the Schools performances.
Pay: $12,000 - 15,000
This position is part time (15 - 20 hours a week) and lasts from August 2018 - May 2019.
If interested, please send a cover letter and resume to Shannon Flaherty, email@example.com by Wednesday, June 20.